Boat dollies give boaters eh flexibility they need to move their boat with ease. Large boat dollies enable boat owners to move large boats around the yard with ease. Smaller dollies are a set of wheels for smaller row boas or canoes that save back-breaking lifting from the car to the water. Boat dollies are not designed to cover long distances or maneuver boats on boat ramps, but they are very handy to make short movements a breeze. Our guide reviews a wide range of boat trailer dollies so you can pick a dolly that is best for your needs.
Best Boat Trailer Dollies
Here are our boat trailer dolly reviews.
The MAXXHAUL 700255 Trailer Dolly is a classic trailer dolly that is great for moving a boat trailer around a boatyard or driveway without hitching the boat to a car or truck. This dolly uses a powerful lever to lift your boat trailer’s tongue with ease. Once the trailer tongue is lifted you will have fantastic control of your trailer because you can easily see and maneuver it by hand.
- Quickly move up to 600 pounds gross trailer weight by hand
- Easy assembly
- Includes 12-inch pneumatic tires
The Rage Powersports Boat or Canoe Transom 1-Person Dolly Cart makes carrying a 100-pound 10-foot canoe a breeze instead of a back-breaking effort. This simple dolly slips onto the boat’s transom, and with the dolly in place you can move the boat with your fingertips.
- Enables one person to easily move a small aluminum boat or canoe
- Rubber coated 8” wide transom bar
- Heavy-duty steel construction with a smooth-rolling double-wheel dolly
The Tow Tuff Adjustable Trailer Dolly is a solid piece of equipment for moving heavy boats. This dolly is rated to move up to 6,000 pounds. The adjustable hitch is a great feature to help move your boat with convenience and maximum leverage from the dolly.
- Ball height is adjustable from 15” to 24”
- Handles up to 600 pounds of tongue weight, or potentially up to a 6,000 pound trailer
- Constructed of heavy-duty steel with powder-coat finish
The BRIS Stainless Steel Boat Launching Dolly is a perfect tool for even the largest inflatable boats. Just because a boat is inflatable does not mean it’s lightweight, especially with a motor attached and while the boat is filled with gear. This handy dolly will lift an inflatable boat and gear weighing up to 350 pounds.
- Carry up to a 350 pound boat
- Carry up to a 14 foot boat
- Stainless sell construction resists rust
The ECOTRIC Watercraft or PWC dolly is more for string your PWC or JetSki in the garage while keeping the hull off of the floor. This product is also a dolly because it has wheels, so your PWC can easily be moved around your garage or storage area.
- Great for storing personal watercraft, Jon Boats, Dinghies, and inflatables
- Constructed of a galvanized tubular metal frame with 4 rugged casters
- Has a dual braking system and can move up to 1,000 pounds
The Seamax Boat Hand Dolly is a great doll for moving large inflatable boats. While most dollies are hand-operated, this dolly is hand-operated but it also includes a hitch coupler. The hitch coupler should not be used on a highway, but it allows you to use your vehicle to maneuver the boat instead of only maneuvering the boat by hand.
- Equipped with a retractable main pole to adjust from 8 feet to 10 feet
- Includes adjustable bunks to properly support your boat
- Optional hitch attachment is available for slow speed towing or backing into the water
The Mind and Action Universal Kayak Trolley is a great dolly for moving small boats over the sand or rocky terrain. This “trolley” dolly has extra-large tires, which keeps your boat from getting stuck in soft sand or slipping on rocky terrain.
- Capable of hauling your kayak, canoe, paddleboard, or boat up to 150 pounds
- Constructed with high strength corrosion-resistant aluminum
- Includes 10” pneumatic tires for smooth movement across rough surfaces
The Seattle Sports Paddleboy All Terrain Dolly is a great choice for any small boat, especially traveling longer distances on hard surfaces such as a parking lot. With this dolly you do not have to worry about parking right at the launch site, you can easily park your car in a parking lot and use this set of wheels to effortlessly move your boat to the water.
- Versatile: works with canoes, kayaks, Jon Boats, Lasers, and Paddle Boards
- Features flat-free urethane tires with steel frame and kickstand
- 300 pounds maximum load capacity
The Seamax Boat Launching Wheels are a fantastic piece of equipment. Once you install these wheels on your boat’s transom they become a built-in dolly for your boats. These wheels flip down on land to make a dolly, then they fold up once in the water to reduce drag.
- Aluminum frame with stainless steel fasteners to prevent corrosion
- Pneumatic Tires
- Adjustable for four lengths or four-wheel arm positions
The Trailer Valet is a heavy-duty option for large boats. The trailer valet is a special jack that attaches to the tongue of your boat’s trailer. This jack has a large lever for maneuvering the trailer. With high and low drive gears you can move large boats with ease.
- Moves up to 5,000 pounds or 500 pounds tongue weight
- Patented drive system with high and low drive gears
- Posi-traction for maximum traction and ease of handling
Best Boat Trailer Dollies Buyer’s Guide:
Dollies are a great tool to make it easy to maneuver your boat. Without a dolly, moving a boat requires a great deal of strength, sweat, and coordination. These dollies help you move your boat without having to hitch a boat trailer to your vehicle for very short movements in your driveway, boatyard, or parking lot. Each of the dollies reviewed in this guide is a great dolly, depending on your type of boat. The guide below explains which dollies are best for specific boat types.
The Seamax Boat Launching Wheels are the best choice for most rowboats, as long you are comfortable drilling and bolting the wheels to the transom of your boat. With these wheels in place, you can fill your boat with gear and move it with little effort. If you prefer not to permanently mount wheels to your boat, then the Seattle Sports Paddleboy is a great choice. This simple set of wheels rides under your boat for easy transit in a parking lot or driveway.
Canoe or Kayak
Canoes or Kayaks can be very heavy. A good dolly helps to move your canoe or kayak loaded with gear. The Mind and Action Universal Kayak Trolley is a great choice because the large wheels will handle any terrain including sand, rocks, or mud. The Seattle Sports Paddleboy is another good choice for a canoe or kayak, especially if you are most likely to use the dolly on paved roads, driveways, or parking lots.
The Seamax Boat Hand Dolly is a great choice for inflatable boats because it gives you the added option of hitching to a trailer hitch on your vehicle. While this dolly cannot be used at high speeds, the option to push the dolly with your vehicle gives you flexibility and ease when pushing an inflatable boat loaded with a motor, fuel, and gear.
The Tow Tuff Adjustable Trailer Dolly is a great choice for motorboats. The long handle makes for a powerful lever to lift and maneuver the tongue of your trailer. The adjustable hitch is a great feature that makes lifting the tongue much easier because you can adjust it for a height that is right for your boat. A dolly like this is the choice of professionals at boatyards, and it will be great for your driveway or boat storage lot.